Amazon AnkerDirect Deals
2.4" LCD Display Screen 1080P Easy Video access straight on to your phone Built in Wi-Fi 4 Lane wide angled view 2 x USB Port Full hi...
Never miss those moments again with this HD Waterproof Action Camera. Supplied with Suction Mount, Handlebar Mount, Helmet Belt and Mount...
Shop Currys PC World Deals
Take amazing shots with this Panasonic Lumix camera. Snap 4K photos and videos and share easily with friends and family with built-in wifi!...
Shop Argos Deals 2 Comments
Get your hands on this must have deal the amazing Samsung galaxy tab S2! Perfect to take with you on your travels so you catch up on your so...
Shop BT Deals 2 Comments
Capture the world in 360! The all new Samsung Galaxy Gear 360 lets you show the world all around you, literally. This camera allows you to s...
Shop Very Deals
Take the most smooth and stabilised videos with the amazing GoPro camera! Crystal clear audio and pro-quality photos! Perfect to take to any...
Shop Joybuy Deals
A jaw-dropping deal! Get your hands on this Xhiaomi wireless full HD camera! Amazing features such as 130 degrees FOV, cover a wide range of...
Amazon Immedia Semiconductor LLC Europe Deals
Keep your home and family safe with this blink indoor security camera. It has a built-in motion sensor alarm, so in any cases where an intru...
Amazon Amazon Deals
The Samsung Gear 360 Camera can shoot incredibly detailed 360 degrees pictures that can be viewed from your phone or with the Samsung Gear V...
Amazon YI Official Store UK Deals
The YI home camera captures everything in 720P quality. Recoding in full high definition the camera also uses 2-way audio. Built in Mic an...
Shop tobydeals Deals
Click and capture undeniably high-quality photos and send them straight to your smartphone via wireless connectivity due to the advantage of...
Shop Argos Deals
Take that perfect picture with the amazing Sony cybershot. This epic camera is compact size so take is wherever you go! Cherish all your fa...
Shop Currys PC World Deals
Cherish all your fantastic memories with the Canon EOS M100 mirrorless camera. The camera is built to take dazzling images and detailed full...
Shop tobydeals Deals
GoPro with this Hero HD Action Camera and capture unreal shots. If you are not fond of the higher-end models that are HERO5 Black and HERO6...
Shop Tomtop Deals
The Smart Wi-Fi door bell is the ideal bell for any home. With motion activation, pressing the bell will activate the camera sending you o...
Amazon SanDisk Deals
Storage running out on your SD Card? With this Super 128 GB SD card you can store all your 4K videos and 1080p pictures all in one place....
Amazon AmazonBasics Deals
Camera tripod takes your camera to your preferred height to ensure the photo being taken is at the best quality. A still and steady picture...
Amazon Canon UK Ltd Deals
If you’re looking for that perfect shot you’re probably working with the wrong lens. From smoother video recordings to quickly capturing p...
Shop Gear Best Deals
Xiaomi Smart Car Camera 1080P Full high definition Camera Allows you to capture the beautiful scenery you pass by or even use it as a sa...
Amazon Icarmore Deals
Auto Vox Car Wireless Rear Camera If you have difficulties with your parking this is the ideal camera for you! Reverse camera + 3.5£ LCD...
Save Money with Camera Deals
If you’re looking for a good-quality camera, this will often come with a large price tag. This is why it’s important you know which camera model is right for you.
Taking Videos and Photos
Today, we often take cameras for granted. These little boxes help capture moments in our lives, preserving the emotions on our faces, as well as the way we look. With billions of different pictures taken every single day, it’s impossible to imagine a world without cameras.
Some people will be happy with the picture quality that their smartphone provides, however, real photography lovers will require something better. They will easily be able to tell the difference between a high-quality image from a great camera, to a lower resolution phone picture. If this sounds like you, you’re probably on the lookout for a great camera deal. Top of the line cameras are not cheap, so it’s crucial that you can find one that matches your personal needs.
What Can You Do With a Camera?
Modern cameras come with a huge range of features and capabilities. Aside from being able to capture a quality single image, they can often record footage and interact with devices like iPads, laptops and smartphones. These cameras will often feature automatic stabilisers, which help ensure your images remain crisp and clear. Most newer models will also have theme settings that will automatically choose settings like exposure levels, flash and aperture size.
Different Camera Types
When looking for a new camera online, you’ll likely encounter a range of camera types. These include:
- DSLR/SLR Cameras: If you’re unfamiliar with the term DSLR, this stands for ‘digital single lens reflex’ and is often the most versatile digital camera you can purchase on the market. You can easily mix and match your lens size depending on where and what you are shooting. They also feature high-resolution senses and will process your images in JPEG format. This really comes in handy when you are editing your photographs.
- Bridge Cameras: This model is often described as an in-between option between higher price-point DSLR cameras and shoot cameras. They tend to feature a powerful zoom, which makes it a great option for tourists. The scale of the zoom they offer means that this camera type is larger than more compact models.
- Point and Shoot/Compact Cameras: As the name suggests, this camera model is compact and lightweight. They easily fit into handbags or travel bags and are designed for simple, point and shoot photography. Some of the higher-end compact cameras will offer advanced zoom capabilities.
What to Look For When Making a Camera Purchase
You can often feel like you are being inundated with technical details when shopping for a new camera. It’s important to remember that a camera is a highly complex piece of equipment, however, some specifications will be more important than others. When purchasing your new camera, you should look at the following key things:
- Resolution: This refers to the number of pixels that your digital camera will use to create images. As you would expect, the higher the resolution, the more precise your photographs will be. Typically, a camera that has a large sensor can better capture more detailed images. Beware of buying cameras with high resolutions and either small or medium sensors. With so many pixels in a small space, each pixel will receive less light. This can lead to blurry images.
- Aperture Size: This refers to the part of a camera that allows light to reach the sensor. A typical aperture size you will likely see is f/2.8. This size is often big enough to meet the demands of most people.
- Lens Quality: This is the most important part of any camera. The lens focuses beams of light onto your camera’s sensor and will also zoom in on distant objects. The vast majority of zoom lenses will offer a range of focal lengths, which make them a popular option for shooting images on the go. A fixed focal length lens tends to offer higher-quality images, however, they do not offer the same adaptability.
- Shutter Speed: If you’re looking to capture moving objects without losing any clarity, then shutter speed will be vital. Cameras that offer higher shutter speeds find it easier to deal with moving objects.
What Camera Accessories Should I Buy?
To get the most out of your new camera, you’ll likely need to purchase a range of accessories. Often, you can save money by purchasing your accessories in bundles. Some popular accessories include:
- Tripods: A tripod can be used to help with the stability of your images. This is particularly important if you are planning on using your new camera for nature photography.
- Camera Bags: Cameras are fragile, so it’s a good option to purchase a camera bag that will keep your new camera safe and in good working order.
- Remotes: If you’re planning on taking photographs of yourself and others, the whole process is much easier if you have a handy remote.
- Filters: You can attach filters over the top of your lens to help customize your shots.
- Memory Cards: While most modern digital cameras can store a large number of images, it’s always handy to have a set of memory cards to hand if you would like to transfer images to other devices.
Finding a Great Camera Deal
If you’ve decided to purchase an advanced DSLR camera, some of the best brands include Pentax, Sigma, Nikon, Canon, Olympus and Sony. There is a number of high street retailers that will likely stock the type of camera you are interested in. This includes retailers like Argos, Curry’s, Jessops and Boots. You’ll also likely find a long list of offers from online sellers like eBay, Very and Amazon.
If you’re looking to get the best possible deal, you should consider timing your camera purchase to coincide with big sale events like Cyber Monday and Black Friday.
Camera Deals and Promotions at Blast My Deals
You will easily find hundreds of different camera deals at Blast My Deals.